Thursday, May 27, 2004

... and I am joining hoagieboy on his journey through the intersecting worlds of science,
education, and politics. I have never blogged before, either, but I'm here to keep
hoagieboy on his toes with my input. I am also almost a Ph.D. astrophysicist, but not as
almost as he is. But the most important thing to know is that I'm from Canada, bringing my
witty, nuanced view of the world.

This morning I was reading MacLean's magazine while I ate breakfast. MacLean's
is much like a Canadian Time or Newsweek, except serious and non-tabloidal.
This issue made me sit back and think how far apart the U.S. and Canada are growing. On
the cover of the magazine was a picture of two men who had just gotten married (yes, in three
of Canada's provinces, men can marry men and women can marry women) standing in front of
Niagara Falls. Nice. That was a non-sarcastic nice. I know, it's hard to tell from my typing.
Anyways, buried inside the magazine was an article pondering if Canada should institute high
stakes testing as the U.S. has done. Hopefully Canada won't get around to it until the U.S.
has realized what a big mistake it is.

Or is it ...? Hoagieboy might have something to say about that.

- makigirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home