Friday, November 05, 2004

Are They Softening Us Up?

I guess that because of Bush's supposed "man-date", the news is getting us ready for all the fun things he's planning to do in the next four years.

One of which was this shocking Iranian wargames senario on NPR this morning. In my still-half awake slumber, I was stunned to hear Tommy Franks discussing the various tactical challenges to invading Iran and eliminating their supposed nukular weapons. Excuse me? Is this really something that we need to be discussing right now?

It seemed that the overall conclusion of the participants was that it would be real hard to attack Iran right now (no shit?). I understand that the military needs to be prepared for all possible occurances, but the fact that a major (and supposedly left leaning) news program is discussing it shows you where W and his media lapdogs are going to be leading us in the next few years.

One, Two, Three, what are we fighting for . . .
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn . . .
Next stop is I--ran.

P.S. On an aesthetic note, did you notice the horrible lay out shown in the power point slide from the wargames? I guess they have astronomers making talks in the military too.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger maki-girl said...

That is a scary way to wake up. I woke up to a discussion of Bush's plan for social security. I guess I shouldn't care since I "just" pay into it and probably won't get to use it, but I still can't believe he's going to turn the investing over to the individual. Yikes.

Not as scary as the whole Iran thing, but still. I have little doubt that the Bush administration will continue their cockaminnie war on terror but wonder where they are going to get the troops to invade their next country of choice. Oh, wait, let's just pull them out of Iraq, like we pulled them out of Afghanistan ... that seemed to work well!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home