Thursday, November 11, 2004

Right On

I read a Langston Hughes poetry anthology a few months ago and jotted this down as one of my favourite verses -- it's from "American Heartbreak"

I am the American heartbreak
Rock on which Freedom
Stumps its toe --
The great mistake
That Jamestown
Made long ago.

He has a great way of expressing his thoughts/feelings. As to why we don't read him in high school English class? Are we allowed to admit, in high school, that the United States has problems?

And while I'm at it, Martin Luther King Jr. said:

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."****

I am really tired of very few people thinking about what matters and wanting to do anything about what matters. Well I guess kitchen remodeling IS what matters to them. But is that a way to live? Or is that going through life in a mass-media/consumerism induced coma?

**** Sorry, I know you hate quotes. Just deal with it :)

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Kitchen Remodeling Resources with tips, and information if you or your readers are interested.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home