Thursday, September 29, 2005

Traveling CD

The lovely Mrs. H and I are going to be in Florida this weekend for the holiday. (Yeah, I know, we're missing the actual holiday by a couple days, but then again, I'm not really Jewish either.) Here's the CD I made to while away the boredom that is driving around the flatness of southwest Florida. It might be kind of odd, seeing as how it switches from folk-pop to ska-punk at times. But mostly these are songs that have been stuck in my head lately, so I put them all in one place.

1. Gainesville Rock City ------- Less Than Jake
2. Zak and Sara ---------------- Ben Folds
3. The One I Love -------------- David Gray
4. Seven Days in Sunny June ---- Jamiroquai
5. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes ------- Crosby, Stills, and Nash
6. Babylon --------------------- David Gray
7. One Hit Wonderful ----------- Reel Big Fish
8. Three Marlenas -------------- The Wallflowers
9. Fired ----------------------- Ben Folds
10. American Idot -------------- Green Day
11. The Impression That I Get -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones
12. Clocks --------------------- Coldplay
13. Jesus Was an Only Son ------ Bruce Springsteen
14. Steve McQueen -------------- Sheryl Crow
15. Last Show ------------------ Reel Big Fish

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger maki-girl said...

Excellent choices, hoagie boy. I myself have been stuck on Ben Folds lately. Would you like to explain the holiday to us non-Jewish folks?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger hoagieboy said...

Thanks. I like Ben Folds, but his sound is so different than what is currently popular, that I find it difficult to listen to him sometimes. I certainly appreciate his humor, though.

Try this site, Judaism 101, for a more detailed explanation than I could ever give.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Judy Farrell said...

Love your blog. I plan to bookmark it for future reference. Anyone interested in my blog on food, recipes, drinks and
coupon free grocery online printable

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home