Thursday, September 01, 2005

World's Worst Vacation is Over

Well, it wasn't exactly intended to be a vacation. I was going to Hawaii to do work, but one would hope that at least I could have a bit of fun. Unfortuanately after 2 1/2 weeks of 12-14 hour days, not being provided an edible lunch for about a week, spending time in the ugliest part of Honolulu imaginable, dealing with anxioius, obsessive compusive engineers, having an admiral and other "important people" wreck a couple days worth of testing, crawling through the belly of a ship through water and hydrolic oil, seeing the primary computer of our data system crash repeatedly with no good explanation, and hearing the people back home constantly complain about why our gigabytes of data weren't getting back to them every day, I have to say that even on the one day I did have off, I didn't really much enjoy Hawaii.

Maybe when I go back next Saturday, I'll enjoy it even more. Or not.

I'll try to put some pictures up next week after I get them developed.

Oh, and Makigirl started teaching this week. Here's the first post of her second year. Her class is going to be pretty cool, so make sure you check up on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home