Monday, January 30, 2006

Running man


What a wonderful day. It was like 60 at lunch today, so I knew that I had to break out of my winter slumber and run a bit. And spending over $100 on new shoes (pictured) made me feel guilty for not running last week.

Let me interject that the "Beast" from Brooks has been my running shoe for the past 6 years or so. Shoes never fit me much, because I have very flat feet, but these ones are amazing. It seems that they changed the sizes a bit, because now I'm between a 12 and 12 1/2, where before I was a 12, but they still feel better than anything else I've ever had.

So, taking a hint from Sam, I thought I'd start posting my running up here, so that potentially it makes me recognize (and feel horribly shameful) when I don't work out.

Today: 2.5 - 3 miles (part of the trail isn't marked, so I can't tell how far it really is) somewhat quick (I had a guy behind me for the first half, and I just hate, hate, hate getting passed). In the middle there was 5 x 75m hills.

I don't like to listen to music when I run. In the old days of walkmans, I found them too heavy, (Maybe with a nano, I would change my mind) and I get real uncomfortable when I sweat on earphones. Ick. So for the most part, I get songs stuck in my head, and hope to god that they're somewhat decent. Today was "Saint Lucy" by Catie Curtis. Not too bad.

I haven't seen much of Richard Feynman lately. I hope he's ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home