Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When Makigirl comes to visit

I haven't been writing for awhile. I just haven't been feeling it. I've been bored at work during the day, and that just sort of slows me down entirely. I'm looking for new stuff now, but I do find it hard. I'm not entirely certain it is that I want to do with myself, so I don't quite know where to look. I think I also have an overwhelming anxiety of what I am able to do. I'm afraid of letting myself go and just do what I am probably good at. It feels very restrictive.

But, this week, Makigirl has been visiting us. She's here for the American Astronomical Society conference. I decided to go too. It's not every day that I get to be an astronomer again. We submitted a paper on material we both enjoy, but I'm not going to tell you which one it is.

It's been great to see her. I'm very tired though. We went to a cool Malaysian restaraunt in Dupont Circle on Friday, went to Glen Echo on Saturday, got way too drunk on Saturday night in Cleveland park, was way too hung over on Sunday, and then the meeting started. --And the Steelers won!--

We were at the meeting all day yesterday, and it goes on until tomorrow, but I had to come in to work a bit this morning. I'll talk about the sessions I've been to in the next couple posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home