Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Eatin' My Corn

Ok, so I am and always have been a sucker for hot country singers, and Shannon Brown is no exception. Her new album "Corn Fed" (of all things) is pretty decent once you get by the jesus/simple country values talk. Although, I do think "Can I get a witness" is one of the best songs she has. It's a bit too much country as opposed to folk for me, but I made it the whole way through the album, and that's saying something for me. "Good ole' Days" is also an interesting country/funk/disco combination, worth at least one listen.

One thing I found fascinating was her tour schedule. Normally people tend to play at places that I would consider going to. She's singing the National Anthem at a rodeo this weekend, and then later in the summer, she's playing at a "Family Camp Ground". Guess I won't be seeing her anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home