Friday, February 24, 2006

Mmmmmm Chili

It was National Chili Day(Scroll Down) last night at Hard Times Cafe. Even though I'm nominally vegetarian, I can't resist the Texas chili at Hard Times, especially when it's free. Typically, I have the chilli on top of Fritos, but last night I had chilli mac. It was pretty good, but I would have rather had it in a bowl as opposed to on a plate -- too hard to eat. I think the Fritos are a better option anyway, because they suck up the grease better than the spaghetti.

At some point, I'll have to get around to entering my chili in a competition. As much as I like the Hard Times chili, I think mine is a ton better. Really, I make mine more like a stew. It has a lot more tomoatos, cheese, and other special ingredients, and is just generally thicker. Some people, I guess, wouldn't call it chili, but I do, and I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home