Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Republican Criminal (Shock!)

While I was writing about the Steelers, I came across this article from the PG. It turns out that Rep. Habay decided that his relection was important enough to pay his staff state money to work on his campaign. The judge disagreed, and now he'll be doing 6-12 months.

He comes up for trial on witness intimidation and making false anthrax claims later this month.

And while I'm at it, I found this article about the state GOP
offering to pay his legal fees
if he switched to the Democratic party. I guess that didn't work out so well.

And of course, like all good law-breaking Republicans,
he was honored by W at the Whitehouse
for cutting taxes. He says that he's always trying to save his constituents money.

It's a real shame then, that he used the money he saved Pennsylvanians on their taxes to illegally pay his staf.

You know, it's been said many times before, but how is it that the Republicans can be the party of "morals", when they're the ones who are always being indicted, arrested, and convicted?

Guess I need more kool-aid, stat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home